The Summit focused on expansion of trade between India and Africa and covered the following:
- Indo-African economic relationship: an analysis – what is the potential and in what sectors?
- Indian focus areas for trade and investment in Africa
- An assessment of India as an export market for Africa: products, regions
- Commonalities between Africa and India and opportunities for growth: a colonial history
- Mutual interdependence – what would that look like?
- Bottlenecks to increasing trade and Indo-Africa trade and investment opportunities. Other Panelists included Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, a policy think tank of the Government of India, and Busi Mabuza, Chairperson IDC, Chairperson Brics South Africa